Pnh‘s Melt Pumps have a unique positive displacement design which provides consistent, accurate polymer delivery under varying extruder output conditions of pressure, temperature and viscosity. With Pnh providing the pressure between the extruder and the die, extruder parameters can be configured to provide a homogeneous melt at increased throughouts and tighter gauge tolerances.
For years, polymer processors have utilized gear-pump-assisted extrusion to solve critical issues in the diverse plastics industry.
The Pnh melt gear pump optimizes the extrusion process by allowing the screw to melt and homogenize the polymer. As the pump generates the needed pressure, it relieves the extruder of work; therefore, reducing heat from the shear, lowering the torque required, and eliminating surging. All this optimizes the performance of the extruder and offers the following benefits:
- Improved Dimensional Stability – Melt Gear Pump effectively isolates the die from upstream fluctuations.
- Controlled Melt Quality – Melt Gear Pump regulates the extruder back pressure while it reduces residence time, stabilizes the plasticating action, and lowers melt temperature.
- Increased Production – Melt Gear Pump provides very high efficiency regardless of its pressure building requirement.
- Reduced Raw Material Usage – Melt Gear Pump provides a narrower finished product gauge variation.
- Eliminates Surging and Screw Beat – Melt Gear Pump effectively handles problems caused by melt density or extruder parameters.
- Increased Extruder Flexibility – Melt Gear Pump allows varying process conditions such as higher regrind levels, temperatures, pressures, etc.
- Streamlined Operation and Startup – Closed-loop controls provide easy operator interface.
- Extended Extruder Life – Melt Gear Pump reduces work required by the extruder such as pressure and torque.
- Lower Operational Costs – Melt Gear Pump provides a more efficient method of conveying, eliminating material giveaway, and increasing production per Kg of extrudate, etc.
|Operative Parameter of Melt Gear Pump|
|Viscosity||to 30.000 Pas|
|Inlet Pressure||to 120 bar|
|Outlet Pressure||Max 350 bar|
|Diff. Pressure||Max 250 bar|
|Technical Specifications of Melt Gear Pump|
|Housing &Cover||Alloy Steel|
|Gear Shafts||Tool Steel (imported)|
|Bearing||Tool Steel (imported)|
|Shaft Seals||Visco Seal|
|Size of Melt Gear Pump||Spec. Capacity (cm.³/rev)||Output Plastics in General (kg/hr)||Heating (KW)|
|22/22||4.7||25 – 36||0.5|
|28/28||10.2||45 – 75||1.0|
|36/36||25.6||105 – 168||1.6|
|45/45||46.3||151 – 285||2.0|
|56/56||92.6||300 – 570||2.4|
|70/70||176||570 – 850||3.0|
|Pnh Melt Pumps are ideal for such processes as:|
|Nonwoven Fibers||Pipe Tubing|
|Examples of materials processed include:|